Forrester Research report (Ref: Computer Weekly) that IT depts can improve their efficiency by using ITIL. The report states: "ITIL is the foundation for better control of how IT delivers services to business."
Standards Australia have published AS8018 (AS 8018), to equate to BS 15000 / ISO 20000.
ITIL & ISO 20000 User Group: Forums
ITIL & BS15000 ITSM Group :: View topic - Documentation Requirements for ISO 20000
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:36 am Post subject: Documentation Requirements for ISO 20000
I am quite new to ISO20000 / BS15000. I have some experience on BS7799.
I would like to know what are documentation requirement for ISO 20000, particularly with respect to what the auditors like to see during the certification audit.
From what I have gathered we need to have the following.
1. Scope document (needs to be verified by Auditors before the certification process).
2. The ITSM Framework document, which will include Management roles, responsiblilities, review mechanisms, reporting requiements,
3. Metrics collections for tracking the progress, improvements.
4. Audit, Incidenet, Changement Mgnt, etc.
5. Requirement mentioned by the Standard - Organizational Policies, SLA, Contracts, etc.
Specific question that I have are:
1. Is there a need for Statement of Applicability (SoA) similar to that in BS7799 ?
2. Am I missing out any critical documents in the list?
3. How do I organise all the document? Is creating an ITSM manual a good idea which contains all the requirements for ISO20000 particularly since, a limited scope is being covered at this point of time in my organization?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum